Do you have ranch slider(s) in your home, or the home you’re looking to buy?
The 2 photos below demonstrate what a leak around a ranch slider door looks like… and the damage it can cause!
The first infrared photo below shows a leak I found, thanks to a failure in the joinery on the second floor ranch slider leading out to a deck. You can see the moisture content is quite high (dark area), and has spread both ways along the skirting… but… the leak didn’t stop there!
The second photo is a leak in the garage directly underneath the ranch slider door upstairs. The water had made its way into the garage wall below. Take a look at these two images… (neither could be seen with the human eye)
Ranch slider door leak
Leak in Garage Wall Below
Got a leak you can’t find? What about the home you’re looking to purchase, has it got hidden leaks?
- Detect Water Seepage Leak Through Bricks and Cement
- Finding Balcony Leaks and Preventing Structural Failures
- Plumbing Leak – Garage Ceiling Water Leak
- Air Gaps & Leaks Around Doors, Windows and Insulation Can Skyrocket Your Energy Bills. See Photo
- Leak Appearing on Ceiling – Deck Built Directly Above